Citco Corporate Services seminar in Houston with guest speaker Héctor González Legorreta
20 February 2020 - On February 19, 2020, Citco Corporate Services hosted a seminar in Houston, Texas. Héctor González Legorreta, a highly regarded tax advisor, spoke at the event along with Ernesto Mairhofer, Head of Business Development for Private Client Services at Citco and Agustin Giavedoni, Corporate and Trust Vice President at Citco, who moderated the seminar and addressed wealth planning and investment in the US for Mexican high net worth individuals and families following Mexican tax reform.
The presentation, entitled ‘The 5 pillars of Mexicans investing in the USA’, was focused on the following discussion topics:
- Taxes and obligations generated (analysis with emphasis on capital gains and foreign exchange gains)
- US Estate Tax (protection alternatives)
- Status of the Exchange of Information (FATCA and CRS)
- The 'tax havens' or REFIPREs (obligations and benefits)
- Alternative for investment structures, compliant with the Mexican Tax system.