Declan Quilligan spoke on the COVID-19 impact on liquidity risk management panel at AIMA webinar
20 May 2020 - We were delighted to join a panel of experts from the alternative investment industry in AIMA’s webinar “COVID-19 impact on liquidity risk management and response”. Declan Quilligan (European Head of Hedge Funds, Citco Fund Services) took part in an expert panel discussion, alongside Brian McMahon (Managing Director, Alternative Investment Services, EMEA and BNY Mellon) and James Ramenda (Senior Vice President and Enterprise Risk SS&C Technologies) to discuss the trends administrators and depositaries have seen in liquidity risk management.
Amongst the key issues discussed were:
- Investor redemption trends
- Trends in the deployment of redemption management tools such as swing pricing, gates and suspensions
- Impact of market movements on leveraging, deleveraging, and margin calls
- Impact on securities financing transactions
- Impact on short selling and locates
- Impact on stress testing
- Future trends
We thank everyone who attended the webinar, as well as AIMA, which we are proud to support as a sponsoring partner.