Public notary services available to be conducted remotely in Dubai
23 June 2020 - Public notary services are now available to be conducted remotely in Dubai (to be in line with health and safety measures). In accordance with the Notary Public Circular as of 30th March 2020, certain public notary services are conducted remotely. These are the following:
- Power of Attorney notarization;
- Legal Notice notarisation
- Local Service Agent Agreement notarisation;
- Civil Companies’ Memorandums/Articles of Association and addendums notarisation.
Dubai Public Notary works remotely from 8am till 4pm, Sunday to Thursday. In order to proceed with this option, the following requirements must be met:
- An applicant must have a subscription to the video/voice calling application ‘BOTIM’;
- The Notary contacts attest to the document through this video connection to establish the identity of the principal and have full knowledge of the contents of the document, as well as relevant information on the applicant’s name, mobile number, address, Emirates ID or passport, confirmation of capacity, documentation proving the applicant’s authority to appoint powers, and the company’s commercial registration details (e.g. trade license), if applicable;
- The items, mentioned in 2, are sent to the dedicated email address in PDF format with an approved declaration to the remote signing on the bottom of each page, e.g “I, the undersigned, declare with my full capacity, and through video communication, using BOTIM, my consent on all that is stated in this application and I sign accordingly.”
- Once the Notary reviews the documents, they contact the applicant for further actions: either requesting for additional documents/ amendments to made, or to acknowledge the notarization request and verify the relevant details with the applicant.
- Provided that applicant receives a confirmation, the Notary will send a further SMS and an email containing the fee for their services together with a link for payment. Once the payment is completed, the original document will be delivered to the applicant’s address.